New to the AGM?
We know it can be intimidating heading to a large conference for the first time. We’re on site to help you get your bearings, understand how the AGM works and advise you on best practices.
Orientation workshop for new participants
June 6, 4:30 p.m.
This workshop is open to those who are attending CHF Canada’s Annual Meeting for the very first time. Don’t miss this session, where you’ll receive practical advice on getting the most out of your AGM experience.
Top 10 tips for a successful AGM
- Know your role – why are you here?
- To bring information/new ideas to your co-op
- To be part of the democratic decisions of co-ops across Canada
- To elect representatives to CHF Canada’s Board
- Be on time for your workshops and meetings – you won’t want to miss a single thing!
- Don’t try to write everything down – but do note key messages.
- Use the tools CHF Canada has prepared for you:
- Conference at a Glance
- The “App”
- Meeting Book
- Put your name on your voting and meeting books.
- Dress in layers – temps vary in meeting rooms.
- Talk to the candidates before the elections.
- Make notes at the end of the day to help you write your report when you get home.
- Pace yourself – there’s lots to do in the next few days.
- Have fun!