Marketing your co-operative community
Institute of Housing Management – Certificate Program
Philip A. Eram
1/2 credit IHM elective
This training is ideal for managers of co-op housing communities who want to learn proven methods and successful approaches to achieving 100% unit occupancy and improving member satisfaction and retention. You will learn simple and successful marketing and member retention techniques, including how to:
- effectively advertise and communicate your message
- increase your co-op’s status as a first choice for applicants
- reduce member turnover and improve retention
- promote your co-op’s benefits and stand out in a competitive environment
- improve member satisfaction
- maximize positive word-of-mouth advertising
- enhance your co-op’s community image and reputation
- increase awareness and understanding of member needs and community demographics.
This course begins on Wednesday afternoon, continues all day Thursday and wraps up Friday morning. When you register for this workshop you will be registered for the entire session.
Wednesday, June 6: 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, June 7: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. & 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday, June 8: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Registration and course details
Fees: Course fees are included in your CMC registration fee. An additional $100 fee is required to cover the cost of books and instruction. You will be invoiced for the additional fee once you have registered for the course.
Discount: If you are registering two or more participants from your organization, the second and subsequent participants are half price.
Deadline and course maximum: Registration deadline is April 30. There is a maximum of 24 participants, first come, first served. A minimum of 20 registrations must be reached by April 30 for the course to be offered.
Course materials: No preparation work is required for this course. The course manual will be available at the beginning of the course.
Course location: This course will be presented at the Hotel Grand Pacific, and we recommend that you reserve your accommodation there.