Follow these tips to help you prepare for the AGM:
- Register early. Make sure you pick your delegate as soon as possible and put money in the budget for their registration fees, travel, accommodation and per diems. There’s also a discount registration fee if you register early. Online registration will open February 26, 2018.
- Make your travel and hotel arrangements. Seat sales and hotel rooms go fast, so once you choose your delegate, make sure they book their travel and hotel room. The registration package includes information on how to book hotel accommodation, a list of less expensive accommodations, suggestions about travel and a detailed map to show where things are located.
- Choose your workshops. Check workshop descriptions starting February 26, 2018, to make your workshop selections.
- Check the elections update. Discover what positions will be elected at the annual meeting. Is there a candidate you’d like to nominate? Before the meeting, learn more about the candidates. Names of candidates will be posted on this website as they are received.
- Have your say. Read the resolutions that will be discussed at the meeting. Does your co-op have anything to say about them? The resolutions package will be sent to all members on April 25, 2018, and will be available on this website.
- Attend a pre-AGM webinar: Join CHF Canada staff for a 30-minute webinar to get a sense of what to expect at this year’s meeting. You’ll have a chance to ask questions and we’ll provide helpful hints to ensure your time at the AGM is a fun and rewarding experience.
- Review the reports. There are many reports on this site that are important to read before the meeting. As a matter of fact, this website is the only place you can find some of them, as we won’t be mailing everything to members. You’ll find financial information, committee reports, the annual report and others. Reports will be posted on this website on April 25, 2018.
- Go Ontario-specific. Ontario members will want to check the site for the Annual Meeting of Ontario Members, where you’ll find all of the information you’ll need before you go to Victoria.
- Get ready to have fun! It’s not just work. There’s a co-op and sightseeing tour that can’t be missed as well as other fun events to take part in.