Child Care per Diem
Why are we doing this?
CHF Canada always strives to enhance the accessibility and inclusivity of our events, especially our Annual General Meeting. This includes helping parents with the cost of child care.
If you are a parent who might struggle with paying child care expenses while attending our AGM, you might be eligible for a daily allowance. For more details on eligibility and how to apply, read below.
To be eligible to claim the allowance
- you must incur an actual cash expense for child care while you attend the AGM (either additional costs of leaving your child(ren) at home, or additional costs to care for your child(ren) in Victoria).
- you need to provide proof of payment. A receipt for the services provided should be from a paid caregiver.
- Child care provided by family members will not be eligible, unless they are your regularly paid caregiver.
What the allowance will cover
- child care costs for any or all of the following dates only: June 6, June 7, June 8, June 9, 2018.
- an allowance at the following rate:
- $50 for each full day’s absence for children of preschool age
- $25 for each full day’s absence for school-aged children
- $70 for each full night’s absence
- $120 where both daytime and overnight care are required.
- if you have two or more children for which child care is being claimed:
- a total of $100 for each full day’s absence for two or more children of preschool age
- a total of $50 for each full day’s absence for two or more school-aged children
- $100 for each full night’s absence
- $200 where both daytime and overnight care are required.
How to claim
Please complete the attached form and submit it with a copy of your signed receipt for child care expense covering the period for which you are making a claim, by June 30, 2018, to:
Director, Finance and Administration
311 – 225 Metcalfe Street
Ottawa, ON K2P 1P9
If you have any questions, please contact Christine Seguin by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the CHF Canada office at 1-800-465-2752 (613-230-2201 in Ottawa), ext. 235.